Last week’s post was a look at the year ahead. We’ll revisit that post in 52 weeks. Without further ado (not that there’s been any ado so far) here is what will happen this week.
- Friends, family, and co-workers of a certain age will reminisce about making statements like, “I keep writing 2015 on all my checks.” Younger folks will ask, “what are checks?” and no one will remember the last time they actually wrote one.
- After an unusually warm Christmas, the same people who sounded off about the unseasonable weather will complain about the now seasonably cold cold-spell.
- Anyone who’s NFL team is out of the playoffs will be looking ahead to the date pitchers and catchers report to spring training. FYI – The Phillies report in 44 days.
- 99.97% of all New Years Resolutions will have failed by the end of this week. Most will have crashed and burned spectacularly.
- A tractor trailer from Bic will be seen pulling up to the delivery entrance to the White House. Realizing that no one is willing to do anything to stop him, Obama will spend the final year in office ignoring Congress, The Supreme Court, and the Constitution and just rule by Presidential Decree.
Well that’s your week ahead. Check back on Sunday to see how I did. Or Monday. Maybe Tuesday. We’ll see.
A look back at last week’s prognostications and your look at what’s to come. First lets see how I did last week.
Eagles over the Cardinals by 7. What can I say? I’m an optimist. – Yeah, I got that one wrong. And then last night Washington ended the Eagles season. So much unfulfilled promise.
Sometime this week, in the midst of the stress, last minute activities, joy of spending time with family, sadness over loved ones no longer with us, and the happiness of being with those we love, God will remind us that he gave us the best gift possible. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 – I pray that you found this gift and that you will treasure it all year long.
Since this is the last Sunday of 2015, this week I am letting you know what’s in store for the year to come.
- In sports – Chip Kelly will keep his job, mostly because Jeff Lurie didn’t realize that when he gave Kelly the power over all personnel decisions that included the head coaching position. As for the Phillies (much as I hate to say it), they will be eliminated from the post season some time in June.
- There will be a push for the political parties to learn a lesson from the sports world – namely setting a date for trimming your roster for the presidential nomination.
- Young democrat voters will pull the lever for Bernie Sanders saying, “The mashed potatoes and gravy are my favorite part of his meal deal.”
Bruce Caitlyn Jenner will once again decide that this really isn’t who he she it is. Fifi Jenner will win the Westminster Dog Show.
- A few quick hits from the world of entertainment: Some celebrity will name their baby something stupid. Some film that no one paid to see will win an award. Nude pictures of a former Disney star will surface. Unfortunately they will be of Buddy Hackett. A celebrity, probably more than one, will use an award show to speak out against gun owners while being surrounded by armed body guards.
- By the end of December you will be tired of hearing about El Nino. Oh wait, that should have been December 2015.
- Several famous people will die. People will remark how spooky it is that they die in threes. I will be forced to point out that, no, they die in ones and we stupidly count to three and then start over. Also, someone famous will die and people’s first thought will be, “They were still alive?”
- Science will point out with absolute certainty that something we once thought good for us is in fact bad for us. They will also point out that something they had previously declared bad for us is actually good for us. These are the same people that will tell us that mankind is going to destroy itself with global warming, or cooling, or climate change. They may warn us that we are in danger of global stasis – “A state of stability, in which all forces are equal and opposing, therefore they cancel out each other.” This will confuse and panic people, and really, isn’t that the goal?
- You will be shopping in Wal-Mart and will see another patron whose appearance will make you wish for a DeLorean, a flux capacitor, and blindness.
- Apple will introduce a product that everyone must have. No one will be able to adequately explain why.
- Bacon will be outlawed as offensive to Muslims. This will be the straw that finally awakes a sleeping populace.
- College students will continue to push for a free, no-stress, no requirement education. Their diplomas will be printed on Quilted Northern.
- All new music will be free. It will be worth every penny.
- Someone’s grandmother living in the North East will be honored for having the last phone still attached to a wall. When interviewed it will be discovered that she is also the last living person who still knows anyone’s phone number.
- A kindergarten student will be arrested and suspended for saying that girls have cooties. He will be exonerated when it’s shown that they really do.
- Uber will expand to movies. Actually you’ll just be going to some strangers house to watch Netflix and eat microwave popcorn.
- The 2016 election will conversely have the fewest number of voters and the largest number of whiners about the results.
- I will post three times a day. Hahahaha. Wow, I almost wrote that with a straight face.
- I will reach 600 hits. It will be a glorious December.
- My adoring readers will help me buy a new computer.
Now you know what 2016 has in store. Add your thoughts and predictions in the comments.
It’s easy looking back – you have to come here to find out what’s happening in the future. Let’s see how well I did last week.
You will be able to gauge just how geeky and awesome the people you know are by their level of excitement regarding the release of the new Star Wars movie. – The Force was with everyone and everything this week.
Divers searching the lake in San Bernardino will find 18 shopping carts, 47 Frisbees, Jeb Bush’s poll numbers, and absolutely no evidence that Islam is a religion of peace. – I know…too easy.
There will be as many stories discussing the moderators as there will be about the candidates following Tuesday night’s GOP debate. Bonus pick – CNN will suck. I didn’t hear much, if any, discussion of the moderators.
You will hear “Grandma got run over by a reindeer” more often than “Joy to the World”. If you’re smart, you will question the rationale for this. It was cute the first time I heard it. That ship has sailed. Enough already.
Someone will explain why the youngest voters are so enamored with the oldest candidate. OK, this is more a hope than a prediction. Anyone? Bueller? I’m still waiting.
Eagles over the Bills by 3. Hope, however remote, is still alive.
My list of prognostications for this week is rather short – only two items.
- Eagles over the Cardinals by 7. What can I say? I’m an optimist.
- Sometime this week, in the midst of the stress, last minute activities, joy of spending time with family, sadness over loved ones no longer with us, and the happiness of being with those we love, God will remind us that he gave us the best gift possible. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
Have a great week.
Time to bring you a look at the week ahead, but first let’s see how I did last week.
– Invest in gun makers.Or guns. You did, didn’t you?
– It’s been hotter/colder and wetter/dryer than it’s supposed to be. You know it’s true.
– “Donald Trump will say something that conventional wisdom will see as the issue that will bring about his inevitable downfall. It won’t.” He did, It didn’t.
– OK, President 0 called the actions terrorism, but went out of his was way to say Islam isn’t terroristic. Did I get this one right. Your call.
Regarding Josh Earnst’s trying to explain how an attack by Islamic terrorist is neither Islamic nor terrorism – I didn’t look to see what he said and I really don’t care.
– Yes, I missed the Eagles beating the Patriots, but I don’t think Nostradamus or Jimmy the Greek could have gotten that one right.
On to this week.
- You will be able to gauge just how geeky and awesome the people you know are by their level of excitement regarding the release of the new Star Wars movie. Those reactions will range from the something like the greeting your dog gives you when you’ve been gone for 12 hours to “Is that the one with the guy from the Priceline commercials?” – If you have friends in the later category; shoot first.
- Divers searching the lake in San Bernardino will find 18 shopping carts, 47 Frisbees, Jeb Bush’s poll numbers, and absolutely no evidence that Islam is a religion of peace.
- There will be as many stories discussing the moderators as there will be about the candidates following Tuesday night’s GOP debate. Bonus pick – CNN will suck.
- You will hear “Grandma got run over by a reindeer” more often than “Joy to the World”. If you’re smart, you will question the rationale for this.
- Someone will explain why the youngest voters are so enamored with the oldest candidate. OK, this is more a hope than a prediction. Anyone? Bueller?
- Eagles over the Bills by 3. Once again defense and special teams will out-perform the offense. I’m OK with that as long as it goes in the W column.
Enjoy the week ahead knowing what it will bring.
As we go into a new week it would be helpful to know what the future brings. Luckily for you I’m here with my bold vision of the week ahead.
- If you want to make a pile of money invest in Colt, Smith & Wesson, Heckler Koch, Glock, or any other gun maker. Here’s a rule of thumb to go by – anytime President clueless or his minions make any statement regarding guns buy more stock. It goes without saying that you should also buy their products. Quickly.
- While leaders from around the world continue to discuss the horrific end we are all about to experience due to global climate change, I see that in your immediate future you will see glaring truth right where you live! I’ve even coined a word that you can use to describe this cataclysmic event – weather.
- Donald Trump will say something that conventional wisdom will see as the issue that will bring about his inevitable downfall. It won’t.
- When the President addresses the nation on TV tonight he will go through more convolutions than Olga Korbut and Mary Lou Retton combined to say that terrorism is anything but terrorism. Bonus prediction: He will say that Islam is the religion of peace – Drink!
- In a related prognostication, Josh Earnst’s head will explode as he tries once again to explain how an attack by Islamic terrorist is neither Islamic nor terrorism. If his head doesn’t literally explode (I picture something like the Jet.com TV commercials) at the very least his tongue will wrap itself into a knot that will take a team of surgeons to untie.
- The Eagles will lose to the Patriots this afternoon. Unless Gisele Bündchen takes over for her husband and Eagle’s offense learns that “three and out” is not a rule. On the off chance that I’m wrong about this (and I’m not) Chip Kelly will be declared King of Philadelphia.
Now you know what the week ahead will bring. You’re welcome.